Sunday, December 26, 2010

Precious Gifts Keep Giving


This morning I sat down to have some quiet time with my Lord. You see it's been a while, and I've missed Him dearly even though He has been right here with me all the time. I wanted to document this particular quiet time because it did mean a lot to me, & I can't wait till tomorrow:

Matthew 14:17-18(amp) They said to Him, We have NOTHING here but these 5 loaves and 2 fish. He said, Bring them here TO ME... Verse 20 And they all ate and were satisfied. And they picked up 12 small hand baskets full of the broken pieces left over.

I have been spending so much wasted time lately, perhaps because school is on break, I am jobless in Japan, and am in a waiting period for a baby. So there are nights where I stay up till 1am doing...nothing, looking up baby items to pick out because I'm a planner by nature, but truly wasting time. So this morning I decided to bring Jesus my "nothing" my boredom, my impatience, and my heart. Thankfully He doesn't leave us empty handed when we go to His throne-I got baskets of left over goodies from my nothing: A scripture verse that has real life application, a story from my devotional that will forever be etched on my heart, and the desire to do it again; To give Him everything that I have even if to me, it is nothing. This was a wonderful Christmas gift that will continue to give each morning as I sit at the Throne of my Jesus-My God!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - I happened upon your blog when googling images for my sunday school class. I was so touched by your beautiful heart for the Lord and your genuine and open spirit. I know how hard it is to WAIT when you want a child so badly. Now I have four...God will provide in His precious time. Read Hannah's prayer...it really helped me. Trust Him with your calendar each day and He will make divine appointments for you. Bless you my sister!

    ReplyDelete